Dasharo OSF vPub Winter 2022
17 February 2022
8 PM UTC - last haker standing
- Dasharo OSF vPub Matrix room in Dasharo Workspace (Matrix) with embedded Jitsi conference using Element.
Following configuration similar to virtual FOSDEM, we added integration of Jitsi to our Dasharo OSF vPub Matrix channel.
If you don't have Matrix account, here is a quick guide on how to get started with Element & Matrix or feel free to use Jitsi directly (link below).
- Jitsi Conference Link - please click to join Jitsi audio (optional video) conference via web browser or mobile app
- Dasharo Workspace (Matrix) - join
#dasharo-osf-vpub:matrix.orgoptional Matrix channel for text chat
- Dasharo OSF vPub Newsletter - if you would like to be informed about future vPub events feel free to sign up to our newsletter
4th edition of vPub is approaching! We will be discussing lots of interesting topics with many great guests!
|19:30 - 19:50||Channel open for testing|
|19:50 - 20:00||Welcome to vPub|
|20:00 - 20:10||Dennis Marttinen will introduce us to Racklet project.|
|20:10 - 20:30||Q&A: Racklet|
|20:30 - 21:00||Open Discussion|
|21:00 - 21:10||Michiel Leenaars will give us short introduction to Technology Commons Trust as a vehicle for open source firmware and hardware crowdfunding.|
|21:10 - 21:30||Q&A: Open source firmware and hardware crowdfunding|
|21:30 - 22:00||Open Discussion|
|22:00 - 22:10||Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton will dive into comparative debugging for libre-soc by deliberately tracking microwatt source and unit tests.|
|22:10 - 22:30||Q&A: LibreSoC and Microwatt|
|22:30 - 23:00||Open Discussion|
|23:00 - 23:10||Daniel Maslowski will let us know about current status of oreboot project.|
|23:10 - 23:30||Q&A: oreboot|
|23:30 - 00:00||Open Discussion|
|00:00 - 01:00||Discussion with Richard Stallman about Respect Your Freedom Certification|
|01:00 - 01:10||Felix Singer and tonux will explain how open source firmware community can benefit from GSoC 2022.|
|01:10 - 01:30||Q&A: GSoC 2022 for open source firmware|
|01:30 - last haker standing||Open Discussion:
- Crowdfunding of open source firmware distribution for modern platforms ,
- Public review of the open letter draft to open the Intel ACMs code ,
- Open source firmware distribution through fwupd/LVFS ,
- Dasharo project statuses: KGPE-D16 , OpenPOWER , Dell OptiPlex , PC Engines apu2 , modern laptops support NovaCustom,
- OpenSecurityTraining2 reward system plans and ideas,
- Recent advancements in Root of Trust technologies (MS Pluton announcements, TrenchBoot project status)
On-going call for participation
Slides from the event are available here.